Active Water
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Active Water

An online community for anyone willing to actively engage in the World Water Crisis.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

CIY 2010

Go down 
+3
alex
ahadaway
brittonfire
7 posters
AuthorMessage
brittonfire

CIY 2010  Empty
PostSubject: CIY 2010    CIY 2010  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 11:36 am

Hi my name is Brittany

I attended week 2 of ciy in Michigan. My friends and I saw the video of Zambia's song and were really touched. So the next day My friends got water bottles put duct tape around the outside and started asking people for all their loose change. 24 hours later we counted it it was already over 1 hundred dollars. We kept doing this the rest of the week and on our way back to Florida. We got home and were not done counting yet but its already over 2 hundred and 20 dollars. Were so amazed about all this Smile

different story...The challenge cards we got at the end of the week. I opened mine and it said plan a fundraiser and raise $5,000 to build a well in Africa. So my friends are helping me and all this money were raising were calling it change for change and its all going towards my 5,000...But were gonna make our goal 10,000 Surprised

So i will keep you guys up to date on how much money we have raised Smile

thanks
brittany
Back to top Go down
ahadaway

ahadaway

CIY 2010  Empty
PostSubject: Re: CIY 2010    CIY 2010  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 1:08 pm

Hey Brittany! I remember your story coming through to our email! That's awesome! Keep up the fantastic work and email me at amie@activewater.org if you need any help with anything Very Happy

God bless,
Amie
Back to top Go down
http://www.activewater.org
alex

alex

CIY 2010  Empty
PostSubject: ciy challange   CIY 2010  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 8:30 am

hey brittany im from Illinois and i went to the ciy in Michigan 2010 and i had a great time and i also got the challange to plan a fundraiser and raise $5,000 to build a well in Africa and i plan to do this by planing a bike ride so this is how i plan to do and ik that u also have plan to help build one or more and i hope that u have with urs has i hope to do with mine.
Back to top Go down
ahadaway

ahadaway

CIY 2010  Empty
PostSubject: Re: CIY 2010    CIY 2010  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 10:38 am

Awesome! I love bike rides Very Happy

Where at in Illinois is your group? ActiveWater's office is about a 2.5 hour drive to Chicago. Didn't know if perhaps some of us might be able to join in the fun.

God bless,
Amie
Back to top Go down
staceyg07

CIY 2010  Empty
PostSubject: Pinckney MI   CIY 2010  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 8:58 am

I went to CIY and Know Sweat as a leader this summer and after seeing Zambia's Song our students got very passionate about the water crisis. One of our students got a challenge card that said raise money for active water by creating a 5K run in your town. Before she got that card she was challenged by the Lord to raise 8,000 dollars for the people in Zambia. She is very passionate and is leading a group at our church to be a part of the challenge. They have a meeting on Sunday after church and are planning ways to reach the church and the community so that they will become aware of the water crisis as well. I am so proud of all the students that have decided to take action and Move. I have already seen how God is using students and am excited to see what the small town in Pinckney Michigan can do to make a difference in Zambia.

On a different note I opened a challenge card to help encourage our students to take their challenges seriously. My challenge is to run a marathon and raise awareness for active water. I am excited to see what God has in store, but I am a bit nervous about running a marathon. I am not a runner and so this is going to be a challenge for me. But I can't wait to tell everyone the reason why I am doing it. I can't wait to share with them about the water crisis, and I can't wait to see how they become passionate about helping active water.
In Him,
Stacey Gerhart
Back to top Go down
alex

alex

CIY 2010  Empty
PostSubject: Re: CIY 2010    CIY 2010  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 7:49 pm

im glad u like my idea and im from Danville Illinois so glad to help and MOVE and yes i would like anyone to come and join in don't when we r going to do it yet and i don't think that is the only thing we r going to do i think we might take buckets and make them look like wells and have it where they could put donations in and if that gets all done i hope we raise more than $5,000 to go to making a well in Africa

when i get more planned out i will tell all and if u guys can come down for the ride it would b nice to meet u all
Back to top Go down
Rachel_Nicole

CIY 2010  Empty
PostSubject: Re: CIY 2010    CIY 2010  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 11:50 pm

I went to CIY 2010 Tennessee well last day tomorrow Sad . and the movie touched me and I told my youth group about it and said that I wanted to help with ActiveWater. I don't really have a plan yet but Im excited to be able to be part of this and help out! Its so exciting and my youth minister thinks its a great idea! Smile
Back to top Go down
Jesse Gochenour

CIY 2010  Empty
PostSubject: Re: CIY 2010    CIY 2010  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 10:40 am

My name's Jesse Gochenour from Kansas. I went to CIY Tennessee 6 this summer and when I saw Zambia's Song it was like a slap in the face. That week I had made a tie out of duct tape and a lot of ppl thought that it was cool and some even said that i could sell the ties for money. The next day we saw Zambia's song song and it hit me that I could make duct tape ties and wallets and other stuff and sell them and give the money to Active Water. I talked to my Youth Pastor this week and we're gonna talk a little more about it later on but I'm hoping to get a group of ppl from my church involved in it. I'm planning on talking to our schools FCA to see if i can start something there too. Past that I don't really know what else we might do, but I really want to help. And I was thinking that maybe in a couple of years I could join a group going over to Zambia to help with the water crisis.
Back to top Go down
ahadaway

ahadaway

CIY 2010  Empty
PostSubject: Re: CIY 2010    CIY 2010  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 7:02 pm

Hey Jesse!

Duct tape ties and wallets could be the new rage in fashion Very Happy I'd wear one! I'd just have to make sure it didn't go into the dryer What a Face

If you want to go on a trip to Zambia to see what ActiveWater is doing, check back to www.ciy.com/engage

They'll be doing trips this summer and most likely next too!

God bless,
Amie
Back to top Go down
XxBorn2ShinexX

CIY 2010  Empty
PostSubject: Re: CIY 2010    CIY 2010  Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 4:25 pm

Hi! I'm from a little town in Illinois. I attended the CIY convention in Tennessee.
I got the card to raise $5,000 for a well also.
I'm about to $2,000 dollars so far.. but keep on makin' more!
I sit outside of IGA, Walmart, and other places selling items.
We buy things in bulk and sell them. Surprisingly, alot of people want what we have to sell.
It makes me feel so good.
I hope when I am in college I can do mission work.
Back to top Go down
ahadaway

ahadaway

CIY 2010  Empty
PostSubject: Re: CIY 2010    CIY 2010  Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 11:39 am

That is sooooooo awesome! Very Happy I've often wondered if Walmart would give us a spot at their entry. Great that you had the gumption to make it happen Cool

God bless,
Amie
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

CIY 2010  Empty
PostSubject: Re: CIY 2010    CIY 2010  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CIY 2010
Page 1 of 1