Active Water
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Active Water

An online community for anyone willing to actively engage in the World Water Crisis.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

CIY Challenge Card

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
rbug92

CIY Challenge Card Empty
PostSubject: CIY Challenge Card   CIY Challenge Card Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 4:13 pm

So this week at CIY I felt that God was telling me to do something more for Active Water. Unfortunately I never had a chance to talk to anybody so I just kinda dropped it. Then on Thursday night we received our Challenge Cards. I struggled with opening mine after hearing others cards like run a marathon and raise $2,000 to send 10 friends to CIY next year. I was sitting there listening to other people read theirs and I lost my focus. The next thing I new my card was open. I unconsiously opened my card! I believe that in my moment of weakness, God held my hand and helped me open the card so that I can do His work. I just glanced at the card and saw $5,000 on it. I closed my eyes and prayed that He would help me with whatever it was and I felt confident that I can handle whatever the card said. So, it turns out that the card has instructed me to raise $5,000 for Active Water to build a well in Africa! I have so many ideas running through my mind that I am getting really excited about this challenge. I, a 17 year old about to be a senior in high school, will have $5,000 to give to this awesome organization, just you wait and see!
Back to top Go down
littlesarah24

CIY Challenge Card Empty
PostSubject: Challenge Card   CIY Challenge Card Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 12:06 am

That's awesome about your card. I was at CIY Move OR and I don't know if thats the one you are at, but if your nearby I'd love to help you out in any way possible. I'm in the tacoma region of Washington. Let me know.

Thanks =)
Back to top Go down
rbug92

CIY Challenge Card Empty
PostSubject: Re: CIY Challenge Card   CIY Challenge Card Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 4:48 pm

I am in Illinois. Paris to be exact! Thank you sooo much for the offer though Smile
Back to top Go down
ahadaway

ahadaway

CIY Challenge Card Empty
PostSubject: Re: CIY Challenge Card   CIY Challenge Card Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 6:57 pm

Very cool! You'll be an inspiration to so many at your school Very Happy Not many people can say they provided a villlage of hundreds of people with hope and freedom in the form of clean water and in the name of Jesus!
Back to top Go down
http://www.activewater.org
brittonfire

CIY Challenge Card Empty
PostSubject: Ciy challenge cards    CIY Challenge Card Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 7:02 pm

Hi rbug92

I went to week 2 in Michigan at CIY and i got the same card you did. I was so nervous. I started telling my friends and they were all backing my up saying there were gonna help and that i was gonna get it done! So there all pitching in to help. We even upped our goal to $10,000. Very Happy I live in Florida, But i have so great fundraising Ideas if you need help Smile
Back to top Go down
roberteric12

CIY Challenge Card Empty
PostSubject: Re: CIY Challenge Card   CIY Challenge Card Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 10:12 pm

i need some help raising money, my church central christain church of ocala,,,,,,,,,,ideas?????
Back to top Go down
brittonfire

CIY Challenge Card Empty
PostSubject: Theres lots of great ideas    CIY Challenge Card Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 10:43 pm

You can do the water walk that is featured on the active water page. Or you can plan a 5k. Or you can even use the talents of you and your friends. You can make bracelets and sell them or a car wash Smile Theres so many great things. Im in Dayton beach fl Smile Your not to far away from us. what church?

Hope i helped! Smile

Have a blessed day Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

CIY Challenge Card Empty
PostSubject: Re: CIY Challenge Card   CIY Challenge Card Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CIY Challenge Card
Page 1 of 1